Webinar: Bounced Cheques Latest Developments Dubai Chamber Event
The amendments to the provisions of the UAE Commercial Transactions Law came into effect in January 2022. The decriminalization of bounced cheques was one of the key changes made to enhance the dynamics of business transactions and revitalize commercial dealings.
Organized by: Dubai Chambers in collaboration with Ince & Co
Participants will gain a thorough understanding of:
- Decriminalization of bounced cheques
- Exceptions and penalties
- Advanced commercial mechanism introduced to ensure commercial stability
- Debt recovery avenues in UAE
- Risk reduction options to avoid non-payment
- Rita Al Semaani Jansen (Partner – Ince & Co)- Rita is highly experienced in advising clients on transactional, corporate, and commercial law across a variety of sectors and has a keen interest in renewable energy, construction, and projects. Her practice spans across a broad range of areas, including national and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, franchising, and financing. She regularly advises clients on all aspects of UAE laws, including free zones, regulatory compliance, corporate governance, breaches of confidentiality, white-collar crime, cross-border fraud, cyber-policies, and cybercrime. In addition to Rita’s transactional work, her experience also extends to advising clients on contentious matters relating to a range of industries but specifically major projects.
- Ahmed Elfouli (Associate – Ince & Co) - Ahmed is a bilingual English-qualified associate and advises on a wide range of commercial contracts including joint ventures and sale and purchase agreements from both UAE and UK law perspectives. He also advises on M&A deals, including the drafting, reviewing, and amending of share and asset purchase agreements, disclosure letters, and negotiating with counterparties up to and including completion.
Date: Tuesday, 20 June 2023
Time: 12.00 - 1.30 PM GST
Venue: Online - Zoom
Participation Fee (Excluding VAT)
- Dubai Chambers’ Member: AED 150/-
- Members of Business Group and Council: AED 200/-
- Non-Profit Organization: AED 250/-
- Non-member: AED 300/-
* 10% discount available for groups of three or more
Registration: Please click here to register.
Please be advised that photos, video and audio footage will be taken at this event. By entering the event premises, you give consent to the Netherlands Business Council UAE to photograph and video record your presence at the event, and its subsequent release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by the Netherlands Business Council UAE and its partners. You release the Netherlands Business Council UAE, its employees, and every person involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, video and audio recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web-casting, televising, or other publication of these materials. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by the Netherlands Business Council UAE or the person or entity designated to do so by the Netherlands Business Council UAE.