Webinar: Franchise and Intellectual Property Dubai Chamber Event
Franchising is a popular concept worldwide. Brand-owner franchisors are attracted by the prospect of expanding their brands, while local investor franchisees are interested in the advantages of operating their own business under a well-known brand. The franchise has a significant relationship with intellectual property rights and franchisees should be aware of all aspects of the Intellectual property in related to their franchise. This legal event examines key issues of intellectual property in a franchise business and highlights some commercial factors to be considered in a franchise business.
Organized by: Dubai Chambers in collaboration with Galadari Advocates & Legal Consultants
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- Franchise business and the commercial factors to be considered for a franchise form of business
- Various accounting factors in a franchise business
- Franchise and IP Due diligence
- All aspects of IP that the franchisor and franchisee should be aware of while leveraging the franchise business model
- Some key contract drafting considerations for the franchising contract in UAE
- Raka Roy (Partner – Galadari Advocates & Legal Consultants)- Raka is a Partner at Galadari Advocates and Legal Consultants specializing in Intellectual Property, Employment, Commercial, and Data Protection matters. Raka has almost 16 years of experience in the Middle East. She is highly renowned in the market for being prompt, efficient, and having a ‘personal touch’. She is well regarded for her pragmatic approach to highly sensitive and complex matters.
Date: Wednesday, 21 June 2023
Time: 11.30 AM- 12.30 PM GST
Venue: Online - Zoom
Participation Fee (Excluding VAT)
- Dubai Chambers’ Member: AED 150/-
- Members of Business Group and Council: AED 200/-
- Non-Profit Organization: AED 250/-
- Non-member: AED 300/-
* 10% discount available for groups of three or more
Registration: Please click here to register.
Please be advised that photos, video and audio footage will be taken at this event. By entering the event premises, you give consent to the Netherlands Business Council UAE to photograph and video record your presence at the event, and its subsequent release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by the Netherlands Business Council UAE and its partners. You release the Netherlands Business Council UAE, its employees, and every person involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, video and audio recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web-casting, televising, or other publication of these materials. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by the Netherlands Business Council UAE or the person or entity designated to do so by the Netherlands Business Council UAE.