Driving sustainability in the supply chain Online Event
Together with The Netherlands British Chamber of Commerce (NBCC), we are delighted to invite you to our upcoming event, Driving Sustainability in the Supply Chain. This hybrid event will take place on Wednesday, September 27th from 5.00 PM to 8.30 PM.
The event will be streamed live via Teams from the Philips HQ in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We are thrilled to have Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, the Climate Envoy of the Netherlands, deliver the keynote speech.The UNFCCC First Global Stocktake Report (2023) brings to light the urgency of climate action, highlighting the significant gap between where we stand and the ambitious targets of the Paris Agreement. Collective and urgent attention and action - in the supply chain among other, is required to mitigate the effects of climate change. But… do you know where to start? Where are the examples of companies doing this well? Do you know what is required from a legal perspective to make your supply chain more sustainable? Or what economic benefits the transition to a more sustainable supply chain can bring to your company? What are the repeatable patterns we can all learn from them to drive systems level change across our industry? This event aims to accelerate climate action towards carbon zero supply chains by:
- Underscoring the need to step up climate action (scope 3 in particular, regenerative agriculture);
- Sharing valuable information, insights and actionable ideas to reduce environmental impact in the supply chain;
- Encouraging radical collaboration among large corporations and SMEs, public and private sector;
- Offering networking opportunities to find green solutions for your companies.
Following the keynote of the Climate Envoy of the Netherlands, we have two expert panels that will take you through their learnings, challenges, and the opportunities they see to realize a sustainable, carbon zero supply chain.
- Robert Metzke - Global Head Sustainability at Philips;
- Sanne Dekker - Manager Public Affairs at FrieslandCampina;
- Jeroen Ouwehand - Partner and Chair of ESG and Responsible Business at Clifford Chance;
- Petra Hissink - Sustainability Director at Royal Cosun;
- Usama Asif - Procurement Director Nutrition at Unilever;
- Dennis Bakx - Global Sustainability Manager - Global Procurement at Heineken;
- Jean Leite - Senior Sustainability Director at Rabobank;
- Joukje Janssen - Partner ESG Services at PwC.
Keynote by Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, The Climate Envoy of The Netherlands
Reflection by Merei Wagenaar, Executive Director UN GC Network Netherlands
Expert panel discussion and Q&A
6.25 PM - 6.45
‘Real-life challenges’ – interactive panel discussion
Launch of ‘Green Coach’ Programme by Annick Boyen, VP Communications at Unilever
Closing remarks by Diederik van Wassenaer, Chair NBCC
Registration: Please register on or before September 25 by sending an RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Teams link will be sent prior to the event.
Please be advised that photos, video and audio footage will be taken at this event. By entering the event premises, you give consent to the Netherlands Business Council UAE to photograph and video record your presence at the event, and its subsequent release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by the Netherlands Business Council UAE and its partners. You release the Netherlands Business Council UAE, its employees, and every person involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, video and audio recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web-casting, televising, or other publication of these materials. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by the Netherlands Business Council UAE or the person or entity designated to do so by the Netherlands Business Council UAE.